Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Too Kind

Sometimes a heartfelt, handmade card feels like the best way to convey our deepest sympathy at a time of loss.  We lost a dear, dear friend recently who was like a grandma to our whole family.  Making this for the family left behind was quite comforting and healing to me, as I hope receiving it was for them.  

I think this new stamp set, Too Kind, was a beautiful choice.  If you want to get dimensional looking flowers with this two step stamping process, rather than trying two different colors, try stamping in the same color but "stamp off" once for the background layer before stamping on your paper.  After a lot of experimenting I found this worked best for the soft look I was going for.  Let me know what colors you've tried with this technique!

Thanks for stopping by.
~Kristin

2 comments:

  1. beautiful card, Kristin. So sorry for your loss and I know this card will give comfort to the family. The colors are so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin,
    I have come over from Stampin' Connection. Lovely blog and projects! Love this card! I am your newest FOLLOWER. Hope you will come by my blog to visit also and FOLLOW ME if you wish. Happy Stampin' Louise
    www.creationsbylouise.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)