Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Happy Hour!

 I knew I'd get someone's attention with that title!  ;)  Did you know Stampin' Up! has a stamp set called Happy Hour?  Well they do!  And I selected it as my prize for winning a contest on So Shelli.com a few months ago and today is my first time using it.  Thanks Shelli!!

Since I haven't stamped in awhile I decided to start with a few challenges which really got me going.  For this one I used the color combo of Regal Rose, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade and a teeny bit of Early Espresso (can you find it?) from the Paper Players.  See the tiny tag there?  That is a new set to me called, none other than, Tiny tags.  It coordinates perfectly with the Jewelry Tag punch.  The beautiful satiny Pool Party ribbon is one of the free choices with a $50 order right now during Sale-a-Bration.  Also added some interest with the Fancy Fan embossing folder and the scallop edge punch.  Here's a quick peek at the inside:


 Do you ever change your mind multiple times while making a card before you get in a rhythm?  That's what I did yesterday while making these.  So after the first card I attempted to use the extra bits and pieces laying around to make two more.  Two different challenges are in play here:  sketch from Fab Friday and the color challenge (Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals, Summer Starfruit) from Create with Connie & Mary.  I'm sure you've noticed that I used the Lattice Die- haven't had that out in a long time!  I always love the visual contrast it adds.

 And finally... the first card I actually made.  This one is also using the colors from the CCMC color combo as above, but the sketch is from MOJO Monday.  Oops, looks like I used last week's sketch from Mojo.  Oh well, it was a good one.  My tiny sentiment on the front of this one is from the set Pretty Petites punched with the Petite Curly Label punch, which BOTH happen to also be FREE options right now during SAB.  
Well, thanks for visiting today.  I'm guessing from the lack of comments that the scrapbook pages are not appealing to most of my audience.  I'll keep that in mind going forward, and maybe only post my favorites if any.  If I've inspired you to take another look at this stamp set, let me know!  Would love to see what you do with it.

~Kristin

13 comments:

  1. What fun cards! You did a great job of showcasing this stamp set. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday and the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the versions with the Happy Hour set! Such great ideas! I love the lattice behind the focal image - very clever! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Hour is one of my favorite sets! So much fun with all the little condiments for the drinks! Love your cards for CCMC challenge...both of them are so bright and cheerful! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabulous selection of cards you created with this set! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo... I had so forgotten about this set! Thanks for reminding me of how fabulous it is! I love the fancy fan embossed background, it works wonderfully with the textures in the glasses. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week and shared this fabulous card.
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! Love the Happy Hour set and Lattice!!! Need to get that out again to use!!! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're braver than me using Summer Starfruit as your base - but it works beautifully! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie & Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've made some lovely cards - great use of this weeks challenge colours! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the card with the latice! I haven't used that in awhile! Thanks for reminding me that I own it! Thanks for playing along with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great and super fun collection of cards! I love that you turned the Fab Friday sketch onto its side. Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun cards! I choose this set when I won one of Shelli's challenges as well….now if only it would arrive so I could ink it up! I love the bold colors you used and Summer Starfruit looks great on your card. Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay, so glad you joined my color challenge this week! Love what you've done with the colors--I never would have thought to use this set with them but you ROCKED it! Fabulous job on both cards and congrats on the nod from Shelli--how awesome is that?! Thank you for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great collection of cards, using one of my favorite stamp sets! Each one is so unique, and love all the different colors you used. Thanks for sharing your creation with The Paper Players, Kristin!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)