Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Thank You

As I mentioned yesterday, my pal Lisa Henke and I decided to do some virtual stamping together on Monday as we occasionally do.  Basically that means we chat via email and choose challenges to do together then enjoy stampin' with a stampin' buddy (sort of).  It is fun because we live about 3 hours apart and rarely get to see each other. 

So Lisa chose our first challenge which is the Clean and Simple challenge from Splitcoast.  The challenge was actually a color challenge to use Bermuda Bay (or any tuquoise color), Kiwi Kiss (lime green), Ruby Red (any red) and Chocolate Chip (brown).   I did use the Burmuda Bay on the sentiment, but the background blue is actually Pool Party. 

Before the holidays of 2012 I had the privledge (as an SU Demo) to preorder a few things from the now current Spring Catalog which runs through May as well as the Sale-a-Bration catalog which runs from Jan 22- Mar 22 (SOON!).  It was hard to get all those new goodies during such a hectic season but it was worth the wait because I had so much fun playing yesterday! 

You have probably noticed by now the two new embossing folders I put to use.  The top one is appropriately called Cloudy Day (from the new Spring catalog) and the bottom one is Vine Street (FREE during Sale-a-Bration)!  If you are like my your stash of embossing folders is growing because they are ADDICTING!! 

In an effort to keep this as CAS as possible I kept the stamping to a minimum with just a flower and a sentiment.  BUT, the stamps and even the tiny punch are ALL BRAND NEW also!!  The flower is from a Sale-a-Bration (FREE) option called Madison Avenue and that tiny little thank you is from Pretty Petites which coordinates with the new punch Petite Curly Label (both FREE during Sale-a-Bration!).

Gosh, that's enough info I'd say.  But here is a quick shot at the inside detail.  I just stamped the vine image 3 times then punched out two of the stamped flowers and put them on dimensionals so they pop out. 

Thank you for stopping by today!
~Kristin
 
SUO Supplies
Stamps:  Madison Avenue, Pretty Petites
Colors:  Kiwi Kiss (retired), Pool Party, Ruby Red (retired), Chocolate Chip, Bermuda Bay (retired), Whisper White
Accessories:  Petite Curly Label punch, Cloudy Day embossing folder, Vine Street embossing folder, Big Shot, 2 1/2" circle punch, Coredinations cardstock (in Pool Party), sanding block

3 comments:

  1. SO cute....I love the colors you've used and of course, the folders are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card made me smile! I love how you simulated the grass and the sky, and the inside decoration is also adorable. Thanks for joining SUO Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun! I love how you used the two embossing folders to create a perfect setting for your flower! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge this time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)