Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Above & Beyond


Is it too late to say Happy New Year?!?  I hope your 2013 has kicked off nicely and you have hopes for a great year ahead.  I am getting a slow start but ready to dive in with some thank you notes that are always needed just after the holidays! 

This great new Honeycomb embossing folder could sit here no longer without being used!  It is a fabulous new addition to the Stampin' Up! lineup in the new Spring Catalog which is good now through May 31!  Also new is the Bitty Butterfly punch which coordinates with the Elegant Butterfly punch.  Can you tell that I tried to make the butterflies progressively come off the page with the bottom one flat and the top one ready to fly off?  Not sure if I accomplished that but I can at least tell you of my vision.  ;)

To kick off my stamping for the year I decided to try out two challenges, and some virtual stamping with my good friend Lisa Henke!  Every now and then Lisa and I "get together" and choose challenges to work on at the same time, then we get to ooh and ahh over each other's creations.  These are the challenges I chose.  Tomorrow I'll post the card and challenge she chose.  Thanks Lisa!  The color scheme for this card is brought to you by ColourQ while the awesome sketch is from Fab Friday... check them all out (Lisa's blog too!).

                                      



One more thing, Stampin' Up!'s annual Sale-a-Bration begins January 22nd so be sure to contact your demonstrator (hopefully me!) to schedule a Workshop Wow which will be sure to dazzle you and your guests!

Thanks for stopping by, and here's to a fabulous and creative 2013! 
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps:  One in a Million
Colors:  Basic Gray, Night of Navy, Going Gray (retired), Crumb Cake, Daffodill Deligh,. Whisper White
Accessories:  Big Shot, Honeycomb embossing folder, Bitty Butterfly punch, Basic Rhinestone

4 comments:

  1. Fun to get together with an online friend to participate in a challenge together! Love how you embossed half the card. Thanks for joining SUO Challenges again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the partially embossed background and the shades of the butterflies! Very elegant card! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Kristin! The clean lines and the partial embossing are fabulous! So glad you joined us this time at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)