Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Excuses, a card and some jewelry!

1. Painted a chair.
2. Two baseball games (Little League State Playoffs- 12U District Champs!!!).
3. Canoed down Crystal River in Northern Michigan.
4. Camped at Interlochen State Park.
5. Climbed the Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes.
6.  Dentist appointments, doctors appointments, vehicle appointments.
7.  Helped with wedding programs.
8.  Measured, cut and installed plywood walls in kids' playhouse.
9.  Made some jewelry.
10.  Attended a wedding.
11.  Put together my new Ikea bookcase. etc. 

These are the reasons I've not posted on my blog, nor stamped anything of significance in over 2 weeks!  Am I excused?  I do have some fun pictures to share proving some of my excuses. 

Is anyone else so overflowing with creative, crafty ideas (Pinterest is evil!) that they just sit spinning those ideas instead of actually doing them?  That's how I'm feeling right now.  Possibly because I have laundry and other responsibilities that must come first but I'd rather be painting all these wonderful pieces of furnture and making all these jewelry pieces and cards in my mind....

.... well, that was the post I started about a week ago.  Finallly getting around to adding some pictures to my excuses and actually posting. 

Here are some of them, and even a card I made recently (I actually have one to share tomorrow too!) 
Here's my quick card featuring my fun new set: Flowering Flourishes, and the new Paper Piercing Essentials pack! 

HERE is the before and after on my rocking chair project.  I bought this chair with the ripped out seat when I was pregnant with my first child, which would've been about 13 years ago, intending to have it redone in time to rock him in it.  Well, this summer I decided it was time (now that he no longer fits in my lap) to do something with it.  Inspired by the local Amish, I painted it yellow and stuck in my pot of flowers which by now are humongous and flowing over the arms and front of the chair!

Here is a picture of us at the Sleeping Bear Dunes taken before we climbed down that giant cliff to Lake Michigan. 

And finally, my first attempt at beading.  Well, second attempt counting my Artisan Award entry.  I made this pair of earrings to match the necklace that my mom had made.  I can't wait to find the perfect occasion to wear them!  Let me know if you are at all interested in future jewelry/beading attempts because I have a feeling I'll be making more.


Thanks for stopping by!  I've got more to show you tomorrow assuming I get it posted.  I have a certain young lady who is "SO HOT" and really needs to go swimming before she dies of heat exhaustion.  Couldn't I just turn the AC back on?? 

Thanks for stopping by!
~Kristin

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristin, I love your card and your jewelry. Gosh you are talented. I bead but have only made earrings. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)