Sunday, July 15, 2012

Celebrate Love- A natural, casual wedding Card

Hello again!  Here is my natural, earthy, casual wedding card for a wedding I have coming up in August.  Think burlap and twine, brown paper and mason jars with candles.  You know, all things hot and trendy on Pinterest right now!  I helped this bride design her invitations and I must say they turned out great!  I might post one, but they are hard to photograph and even harder to appreciate without it in your hand...  I wanted to make her a wedding card with the same style and design so here it is. 

Everything is lightly sponged with Soft Suede ink for a softened look.  The Wild Wasabi piece is distressed (just crumpled then smoothed out) and torn.  And the poppies were colored with an Aqua Painter and some Wild Wasabi ink. 

I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches on this one, and obviously let some things off kilter to make it my own.  If you look closely I'm sure you'll see the resemblence though! 
 And a shot at the inside too.  You may notice by now, I like things a little off kilter, unusual and asymetrical.  Hope you like it anyway!  :)  Thanks for visiting. 
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps:  Pleasant Poppies, Fabulous Phrases, Full of Life
Colors:  Wild Wasabi, Soft Suede, Naturals Ivory
Accessories:  (NEW!) Woodgrain embossing folder, Antique brad, Linen Thread, Decorative Label punch (inside), sponge, Modern Label Punch

12 comments:

  1. Kristin I love your Poppy card. Very cute! Hugs, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristin! I love, love the wedding card! I love the earthy colors, the torn edges and asymmetrical placement of the elements. Beautiful! Thanks for playing with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the sketch and the way that you inked the poppy stamp! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful, the poppies are my fav right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristin...this is such a beautiful card! I love the earthy feel! Also love the embossed woodgrain on vanilla...looks wonderful! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you used this stamp! I love the poppies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card! It is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your win! Lovely card. Love the inked edges and the pretty button.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like the poppies with the new embossing folder...great layering!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card ! I would love to see the wedding nvitation. My niece wants me to make her invitations and she wants rustic chic like you described with the burlap, twine and even the mason jars. Thanks so much !
    carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)