Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Weeding, Reading and Baseball but little stamping

Hello and happy Tuesday!  I sure love spring and being outside, but sadly all that weeding and reading and the baseball games have kept me from much stamping.  But, I'm back today with a little birthday card I made for my father last week.  I enjoyed using the sketch challenge from Stampin' 411 as well as the color challenge on Splitcoast last week.  Boy, I'm sure behind posting it though! 

Surprise, I even photo'd the inside to show you.  It is quite clean & simple and didn't take long to make either.  I love the newsprint for a background- not something I've done much but will do again for sure! 
This is the birthday RAK I received from Lisette aka scrapinnut620.  Isn't it beautiful?!  I love how she used my favorite background stamp, Medallion!   And those dimensional butterflies are still sitting here on my desk making me smile (the whole card is I mean, I didn't rip them off)! 

Finally, I promised a few before and after pictures of my big bathroom project from a few weeks ago...  if I can get them to upload this time I'll be sharing them...  And if you guessed purple for my new color you are exactly right!  If I were to name a Stampin' Up! color I suppose I would call it Lovely Lilac.  Hope you like it.

BEFORE                              AFTER
   

Anyway, you get the idea.  Thanks for stopping by!  I'm going to try to have a Diva card for you tomorrow... but it is looking awfully sunny outside right now.  ;) 

~Kristin

2 comments:

  1. mmmmmm! love the card BUT really LOVE the bathroom. it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite color is purple, too! Kudos to you for having the guts and courage to put it in your bathroom --- Love the results!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)