Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Vase o' flowers

Good afternoon!  Sorry I'm a bit late posting my challenge.  Have gotten distracted by a number of things today, including a sick kid at home for the third straight day. 

Today the Divas have a color challenge for you and I've got to admit- I am not a fan of this combo.  Those bold bright colors are just not my favorites and when combined together I just cringe.  With that said, I do like how this card turned out... but it was WORK! 

I toned down the brightness by adding my trusty neutrals Early Espresso and Very Vanilla.  Then distracted the eye with some accessories like the antique brad, some linen thread and the vellum vase.  Which, by the way, was made with the small oval punch trimmed at top and bottom, then watercoloring with the aqua painter and some Pacific Point ink.  Really looks like water, I might add.   Also added a tiny detail with the spiral punch.

I hope you find these colors a bit less challenging than I did.  Please be sure to link your creaction to the Diva blog so we can all come take a look! 

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Greenhouse Garden, French Script
Colors:  Early Espresso, Pacific Point, Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Very Vanilla
Accessories: linen thread, spiral punch, vellum cardstock, antique brad, pop dots


2 comments:

  1. You did GREAT on the color challenge! Such a lovely card. I'll have to see if I can work something up with the colors.
    LYnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. no way! you totally rocked this combo, would NEVER have known you struggled with it. Gorgeous, Kristin, just gorgeous. love that you used the espresso to tone it down and it worked and that you used the Pacific point so subtly in the background with a thin matt behind your main panel. THIS is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)