Friday, March 18, 2011

Virtual Stamping with my pal Lisa!!


My stampin' pal Lisa Henke and I had a chance, finally, to get some "virtual stamping" time together yesterday.  We try to do this a few times a year and it just worked out yesterday.  Lisa and I met through the Great Swaps group a few years ago and just got along so well we decided to room together for SU's convention in 2008.  We've been friends ever since!  It helps that we both live in Ohio, so we can get together IRL every now and then even. 

When we virtual stamp we take turns making up challenges that we both participate in.  This card is from Lisa's challenge to use the layout and color scheme of the card on page 89 of the current Stampin' Up! catalog.  Click on her name up there to see what she came up with. 

Mine is fairly self-explanatory.  I used Basic Gray, Going Gray, Real Red, Night of Navy and Marina Mist.  I turned the layout on it's side just to change it up a bit.  Hope you like it! 

She even posted her card for our last challenge on that post to use this picture as inspiration, with the added caveat to use dry embossing and circle elements.  It was such a fun challenge and I really like what I came up with.  I'll be back to post mine tomorrow.  Then Sunday I'll show my challenge to Lisa which was to use the layout from the birthday card on page 131 with the color scheme from the inside back cover of the SU Catalog. 

If you are inspired to play along with us we'd love to have you!  Just link your creation in the comments.  Thanks for stopping in today!  I love it when you visit! 
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Bring on the Cake (Occasions Mini), Extreme Elements
Colors: Basic Gray, Going Gray, Real Red, Night of Navy, Marina Mist
Accessories: Large star punch, Basic Gray corduroy button, White gel pen, tag corner punch, crimper, paper piecing tool

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking I need to case this card of yours. looove what you did with it. you have such a knack for adding in the little details that send your card over the top...like the coloring of those numbers, and the falling of stars, and the crimping! love it all! I had a great afternoon with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)