Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Because...

Good morning!!  Let's get right down to business today.  The Diva Coffee Break Design challenge for you is this sketch.  As you've probably come to expect form me I went pretty clean & simply with very few layers and embellishments.  The embellies that I did use pack a punch though, don't they?!  I bet you'll notice the strip of white flowers as my scallop edge right away.  That is from the Flowers Sizzlit Strip (on the Clearance Rack still I believe).  I've had it for a few months now and had forgotten all about it.  It actually cuts a 12" border so it is ideal for scrapbook pages as well. 

Like this color combo?  It is straight from the Color Coach:  Early Espresso, Dafodil Delight and Cherry Cobbler.  I love it!  The embossed heart is called the Scalloped Heart of Hearts and is an embosslit so it works with the Big Shot to emboss and cut at the same time!  My little owl on here is from the stamp set Love Bandit.  I also have a little raccoon on the inside but forgot to photograph it- sorry! 
My sentiment is from Define Your Life stamp set which I cut into strips so as to qualify for Monday's CAS challenge on Splitcoast.  And what do you think of my homemade brad?  I used the Build-a-Brads and a heart stamp from the new Create a Cupcake set.

I hope you'll join the Divas for this great sketch challenge.  I'd love to see what you come up with!!  Glad you decided to visit me today! 
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Love Bandit, Define Your LIfe, Create a Cupcake
Colors: Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Accessories: Scalloped Heart of Heart embosslit, Flowers Sizzlit Strip, Big Shot, Build-a-Brad

2 comments:

  1. ooooo,great layout. love that fun flower border and build a brad....forgot about those. might have to pull one out today, really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, the pretty flower border and the way the sentiment is set out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)