Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Vintage Birthday

Gotta run, will add the details in a bit! 

OK, I'm back with details.  I cheated a bit and put this up early last night so I could still make it in for the PPA challenge to use a bit of vintage style.  But it is also for today's DCBD sketch challenge.  I've flipped the sketch on it's side which is normal for me. With all its details and layers, vintage style is not normally one I gravitate to so this took me a while... but I'm pleased with it.  I almost called it done before I decided I needed the flowers to stay true to the sketch.  Glad I added them- it was too plain without them.  The flowers were easy to make, just punched about 3 flowers for each one with the Boho Blossoms punch then crumpled them up and layered them and added the pearl.  

I used two different stamp sets to pull this one off:  Vintage Labels and Vintage Vogue.  I guess having "Vintage" in the title was the only way I was sure they could pass for vintage.  LOL!  

If you don't recognize the papers they are from a pack of Designer Series paper called Recollections from, oh I don't know, maybe three years ago.  Quite old for paper! 

Well, thanks for visiting and for your comments- they bring me cheer on these long and dreary winter days.  Thank goodness for sunshine and these 50+ degree temps they keep promising are coming! Make sure to go visit the DCBD blog and play along with this week's sketch challenge! 
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Vintage Labels, Vintage Vogue
Papers: Confetti Cream (card base), Recollections DSP, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Cranberry Crisp
Accessories: Chantilly ribbon, Basic Pearls, Boho Blossoms punch, Wide Oval punch, corner rounder

6 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! This is beautiful! I love the colors that you selected. The flowers with the pearls are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is spectacular!!! I have trouble turning out a vintage-style card. You've done a beautiful job - still keeps your usual clean style but it's obviously vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty - love those background papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is beautiful Kristin. my birthday isn't for another year, though. can you keep it for me?
    love, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card and I love those papers! What a pity they are old - no chance of them being brought out in the Uk then?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Recollections paper and have thought they should make it again. It is so vintage and looks like old fashioned wall paper. Nice card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)