Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sweet Celebration

First of all, thank you for your kind comments and emails regarding my last post.  It was a difficult week and your thoughts and kind words were appreciated.  Since then we've lost another close (92 year old) friend who's funeral will be tomorrow.  A sad time for sure. 

On a happy note though, I am taking some time to appreciate and count my blessings.  And, I managed to actually stamp yesterday which is very theraputic and helped immensely.  This card is for today's DCBD color challenge to use Basic Gray, Pink Pirouette and Real Red together.  Not hard considering Valentine's Day is coming right up.  However, I made mine a birthday card since I'm a bit behind sending some birthday wishes lately. 

I also put to use the Card Patterns sketch 101, but flipped on its side. 

I hope you like it and will consider playing along!

Stampin' Hugs,
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Sweet Scoops
Colors: Pink Pirouette, Basic Gray, Going Gray, Whisper White, Crumb Cake (for the cone), Real Red
Accessories: Silver brads, Sending Love Epoxy Brad, Real Red dotted grosgrain ribbon, crimper, Modern Label punch

2 comments:

  1. I like the bold colors for the strip and the light for the ice cream and cone. Looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWEET!!!! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)