Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It's a Diva Color Challenge and a new technique!


Hi and welcome back!  I've got a Diva special coming right up!  Today we've got for you a color challenge that is delightfully feminine- Blushing Bride, Early Espresso and Rose Red.  Not a hard combination to use, especially in February when Valentine's Day is still fresh in our minds. 

As promised on Monday here is a second version of this embossing technique I learned from Stampin' 411 using punched pieces to make your own embossed pattern.  I am in love with this technique!  For this one I used hearts, obviously, and the best part is I used repositionable adhesive to glue them to a scrap piece of cardstock so I can move them around and reuse them as often as I'd like.  The other best part is you can use those thin white pieces of 12x12 chipboard that come with every pack of designer series paper (DSP)! 
The adorable stamp set I used here is called Create a Cupcake which perfectly coordinates with the matching punch to easily cut out the cupcake parts!  Like the inside?  Had to make it cute as well!  The sentiment on the inside is from a new hostess set called Something to Celebrate- a very useful set!

Want to see another card made with the Create a Cupcake stamp set and punch? 
There you go!  A CASE from our Stampin' Success magazine that SU Demos get each month.  Isn't that cute?  And so easy since the punch actually cuts out the cherries too!  No hand cutting. 

Would you like to host a workshop where I teach you and a group of your friends and family how to make cards like these?  I'd love to teach you, so just let me know and we'll work something out! 

Thanks for stopping by today!  Be sure you hop on over to the DCBD blog for more great samples of this color challenge!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies (card 1)
Stamps: Create a Cupcake, Something to Celebrate
Colors: Rose Red, Early Espresso, Blushing Bride
Accessories: Build-a-Cupcake punch, Heart to Heart punch, Decorative Label punch

(Card 2)
Stamps: Create a Cupcake, Woodgrain background
Colors: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: Build a Cupcake punch, Dotted scallop ribbon border punch, mini library clip

3 comments:

  1. Hi stranger! Lovely stuff you got here. Love the heart embossing on that first one!! Of course I love the simplicity of both cards. That punch is really neat....I don't know if I've seen it used anywhere else. Hope you've been doing well.... ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, What great cupcake cards! I really like them both. Fantastic job with the DCBD colors and I love the CAS layout! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I love your embossing!! What a clever use of the different sized hearts! Thanks for playing along with Stamping 411!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)