Saturday, January 8, 2011

Newsprint Valentine

Well, I've got another Valentine for you today.  This time my little owl punch got some use with a Newsprint belly!  This sketch is from the Splitcoast Stampers sketch challenge for this week (posted on Wednesdays). 

There is also a fun new set of Stampin' Up! Demonstrator challenges on Splitcoast and this month we are challenged to use hearts of any form (punches, stamps, dies etc.) as well as the color scheme Riding Hood Red, Vanilla and Black.  These new challenges are only visible to demos, but YOU are welcome to play along as well.  The keyword for the color challenge is:  CCREW0111DF, Creative Crew.  Keyword for the theme is:  CCREW0111HF, CreativeCrew.

Also, today I'm proud to share an award that I was given by Nance!  She has given me a great compliment with this award and her sweet comments.  The best part is I love her style so this is an honor! 

One of the responsibilities of a stylish blogger is to share 8 things about myself.  Let's see what I can come up with...
  1. My dad & I enjoy critiquing cards together- not really critiquing, but pointing out our favorite aspects, like balance, color, craft, design. 
  2. He critiques mine too, but only says good things.  :)
  3. My mom says my artistic ability does not come from her... but she scrapbooks, makes amazing jewelry, and fabulous pillows!  (She really needs her own Etsy store!)
  4. I did quite poorly in the only art class I took in college, Graphic Design.  My teacher was mean!
  5. I worked up a sweat reorganizing my closet yesterday.  (as if you really wanted to know that)
  6. I help coach 3rd-6th graders in volleyball on Sunday afternoons and love it!
  7. I just found out a few days ago that we have a 4th dog.  My hubby and kids coluded to hide this fact from me for nearly a week!  Kids still don't know I know... and I'm keeping it that way because they keep volunteering to go out and feed/water them without my asking.  They know that I would NOT be happy about yet another hunting dog.  Not only am I using this fact so I don't have to traipse out in the cold, I am also tormenting them daily by suggesting I might go out and take one of the dogs for a walk.
  8. I don't even know this new dog's name.
Well, how's that for random facts??   I believe I get to pass this award along as well...  Here are a few Stylish bloggers that you really shouldn't miss (and be sure to go visit Nance too- she does great work!)


OK, I've got to quit there.  Not that there aren't so many more Stylish bloggers, but I've spent too much time already seeking out the perfect blogs to post here.   I need to go do some cleaning! 

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
~Kristin


handmade projects

4 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!! This will be on my punch inspiration blog post today. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card. You are very creative and I like the way you use "non-traditional" items and make them work beautifully for the occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know I have a think for owls, right?! lol! love this. and all your fun facts make me giggle. Good Craft, right? and seriously, ANOTHER dog!!!! Oh, no. I know how you feel about that. hehehe! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin, love this card! Found it on S.C. How did you cut two sizes of the modern label punch? stampwithsandy@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)