Tuesday, October 5, 2010

CAS Overboard!


This was supposed to be a clean & simple layout... can you tell I went a bit overboard?!?  The CAS challenge for this week is to do a faux letterpress technique by brayering ink onto a embossing folder before running cardstock through the Big Shot.  OK, started out fine.  Then decided to try to use the MOJO Monday sketch (159) which should have been easy enough, but then I made this flower carnation and it spiraled out of control from there.  This card actually was fairly simple (other than the time it took to make the carnation and having to use the SAMJ not once, but twice).  But not nearly enough white space to call it clean so I flunked that challenge! 

However, I did follow the MOJO sketch fairly well I think, and I also used a gorgeous color combination suggested by the Embellish Magazine challenge.  This challenge also calls for some background stamping which you may or may not agree I accomplished.  Let me explain- the carnation flower started as a large scrap of Daffodil Delight cardstock.  I stamped the French Filigree background in Basic Gray and the By Definition background in Whisper White on one side, and in Basic Gray on the other side.  So, that's my background stamping... then I punched out 8 flowers with my Boho Blossoms punch and called it a paper carnation.  So you tell me, did I fail that one too?? 

Anyway, since I was already over the top for the CAS challenge I decided to go for it and added the pearls details.  And don't forget the narrow taffeta ribbon.  Deep Breath!

Well, I'm really pleased with how it turned out even though it is a bit over-the-top for my normal style.  But who cares? 

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to stop in again tomorrow as I've got another Diva sketch challenge for you and some more Daffodil Delight.  It is much more clean & simple and I can't wait to show you!
~Kristin

PS- Gotta run, I'll add links later today.  Sorry!  *Links now added*

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Just Believe
Colors: Basic Gray, Basic Black, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight
Accessories:  Big Shot, Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, Basic Jewel pearls, Daffodil Delight narrow taffeta, brayer, circle punch, scallop circle punch, Boho Blossoms punch, eyelet border punch, Newsprint DSP

6 comments:

  1. it is stunning! love that faux letterpress technique, I used it last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design! Thanks for joining the Embellish background stamping color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Kristin, love the details and your flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. Materials used and some items are simply superb

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very lovely- I love your background and your flower embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you failed nothing! This is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)