Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Thought Away

Now that my mojo is back I've been trying to keep stamping for fear of it disappearing again. I whipped this one together pretty quickly Thursday night using the Pals Paper Arts color challenge to use Crushed Curry, Soft Suede and Bermuda Bay. Yummy- I really enjoyed using these colors together!

I also thoroughly love using Jackie Topa's idea of the bird wing from the Two-Step Bird Punch as a petal for a flower. Isn't that awesome?! Used some Crushed Curry ink around the edges (applied with a sponge dauber) for added dimension that makes a HUGE difference! The centers are just 1/2" Crushed Curry circles punched out then stamped with Soft Suede ink and the old Canvas background (I told you I NEVER get rid of stamps), then covered with those clear sticky circles from the Build-a-Brad. I have a bunch of the circles left but only 3 of the metal brads... go figure.


All the edges on this card are distressed with Soft Suede ink. I also used the distressing tool and the perforator tool on the suede piece. Added a library clip and some linen thread and called it quites. What do you think?! I adore the curry flowers on the suede and am so glad I found not only the color challenge but also Jackie's neat flower petal idea.

Well, gotta run! I'm out the door to head north for the weekend. Was dragging my feet because the UPS guy is over 3 hours late with my new catty but I just can't wait any more. At least I got this post done so you'll have something to see on Saturday (a rare treat from me, I know)!

Thanks for stopping in,
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Whimsical Words, Canvas
Colors: Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Build-a-Brad stickers, distressing tool, Curly Label punch, Library clip, linen thread, sponge daubers

6 comments:

  1. Oh Kristin, I love this! I don't have that bird punch, but I have the big oval...hmmmm....may have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gasped when I saw this.....it's soooo freakin' cute! LOVE how you did those flowers. and the library clip is the perfect embellie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing your mojo is back. This is great. I can hardly wait to make one just like it. Keep on creating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the flowers with the wing! Love the brad centers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love the distressed look of this! The wing/petal tip is a keeper - thanks for passing that along! I can't see a mojo problem anywhere :) Great job with the colors - thanks for joining us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! So many great little details! Effective use of the challenge colors, too! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)