Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It's a Diva Sketch!

Hey there! Long time no see! Sorry, I've been absent so much lately. It's just that time of year and my June and July don't look any better. Phew! I don't know about you, but I'm having trouble finding motivation to stamp with this rainy dreary weather. Like my daughter says "the droopy weather makes me feel droopy"- isn't that just exactly right?!


Well to brighten our day today we've got a brand new Diva Coffee Break Design sketch to play with! I think this sketch offers lots of great possibilities. Why don't you try it and let me know what you think. Then go check out the Diva blog and link to our post for a chance to be our next Featured Artist!

For my card I decided to use one of the BRAND NEW Stampin' Up! colors that will be available as of July 1: Marina Mist. I thought it would look sharp paired with my Night & Day DSP and the white layered daisy die. Did you notice the polka dots and bit of shine on the daisy?? I actually cut one daisy layer from the polka dot acetate sheet that came with the DSP. That's the first I'd cut into that acetate and I'm glad I finally did!

My sentiment is from the Vintage Labels stamp set (from this year's Sale-a-Bration). Like my Summer Sun corduroy button paired with the Crushed Curry ribbon?? You can hardly tell a difference, huh?!

So thanks for stopping by today! I'm going to try and get my mojo back and crank something wonderful out today. Wish me luck!
~Kristin
SUO Supplies
Stamps: Vintage Labels
Colors: Marina Mist, White, Black, Crushed Curry, Summer Sun
Accessories: Big Shot, Daisies #2 die, Curly Label punch, Summer Sun corduroy button, Night & Day DSP, Crushed Curry dotted grosgrain.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you're back, I've missed you! Great card. Yes, this droopy weather stinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flower you made. Nice job with the patterned paper. You actually made that ribbon look good (I'm not a big fan of crushed curry!) I love that swirly shape too. I hope to get to this challenge sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Kristin that flower is GREAT!!!! AWESOME take on the sketch girl, love the mix of dps!!! BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that giant daisy make me smile! such a beautiful cheery card! we have to catch up! are you around tomorrow? I'm emailing you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Thanks for sharing - I will definitely be making one like that - I love the daisies with the black and white. Really pops and makes you smile! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)