Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Color Challenge & Color Facelift by SU!

Good Thursday morning! Has it really been 8 days since I posted last?! My excuse is... ah, the dog ate my homework! That's it and I'm sticking to it. Actually, you know- it's spring and I've been on walks and working outside and in general getting side tracked with other stuff. I honestly did not stamp once during that 8 days! Yikes!

Well I hope it was worth the wait (plus I left you with like 7 cards on one post so that should count for something right?!)! I made this with Tuesday's color challenge from Splitcoast in mind... to use Soft Suede, Certainly Celery and Tempting Turquoise- Yummy!! I just adore this color combo. I borrowed the idea of layers of "ruffles" at the bottom from a video posted to the Stampin' Up! website for demonstrators this week. Speaking of adorable colors and Stampin' Up! have you heard the GREAT NEWS?!?

I am thrilled to be the one to tell you if you haven't! Stampin' Up! announced on Tuesday a fabulous Color Renovation that is about to take place beginning with the new 2010-2011 Idea Book & Catalog which premiers on July 1! Take a look at the four new Color Collections: (click on this picture to view a larger version)
A few things you'll notice upon closer inspection:
  • There are FIVE new colors (can you find them??)
  • TEN of our favorite In Colors are returning! Yahoo!
  • Did you see "Crumb Cake" listed in the neutrals?? That, my friends, is our well-loved Kraft
  • All of these colors (YES ALL!) will be available in not only cardstock and ink but also marker, Watercolor Crayon, Stampin' Pastel and more!

Other great things I want to point out:

  • There will also be 5 new In Colors introduced in this new Idea Book & Catalog which will be available for TWO years instead of one! What a great improvement!
  • This means that in the 2011-2012 Idea Book & Catalog when 5 more In Colors are introduced there will be a total of TEN!
  • Bundled kits will be available to update your cardstock, ink, marker, Watercolor Crayon and Stampin' Pastels collections without having to purchase the colors you already have!!
  • A redesigned Color Coach is coming that you will just drool over! I can't wait for you to see it- heck I can't wait for ME to see it in person!

So there you have it! Let's bid a fond farewell to those retiring colors, stock up on the cardstock if you must, then sit back and gaze lovingly at these new Color Collections with us. Three cheers to Stampin' Up! for continually leading the stamping community with the hottest, most up-to-date colors out there!

I'd love to hear your thoughts on these great new changes we have to look forward to!

Thanks for stopping by,

~Kristin

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I'm CASE'ing it right now. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that amazing texture!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous card-love the texture, and the little tag sticking out! thanks for the color info, although I just realized yesterday I better get me some Blush Blossom. I've been using that a lot lately.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)