Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sweet Sunday on a Wednesday!

Have been procrastinating today- avoiding getting my taxes together. Should be some great cards coming out of me in the near future- I'm a top notch procrastinator!! Came across Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge and decided to try it out. I managed to clean my desk off today and ran across this Melon Mambo scalloped square with the heart punched out from another project, and decided to use it. Did two more in Soft Suede and Crushed Curry too.

What a great sketch- I had fun with it! Thanks Karen!
Stampin' Tips:
  • When you find a favorite challenge site or blog that really appeals to you SAVE it in your faves! Go there often!
  • Use scraps! (Did I say that yesterday?? It is a recurring theme for me.)
  • Tired of your embellishment selection? Look to your punches, combine them, and see what you come up with!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

~Kristin

SUO Supplies

Stamps: Picture This

Paper: Melon Mambo, Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Sahara Sand

Accessories: Scallop trim punch, small heart punch, Soft Suede dotted grosgrain, Heart to Heart punch

13 comments:

  1. OMG.. this is so amazing.. Love the choice of colors. I found your card very innovative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Kristin! I too have been trying to use up some scraps! Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this is one awesome design girl!!! WOW love how you did your main images for this sketch!!! Beautiful work sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very beautiful. I love the colors. I love the scallop square with the heart punched out - looks great. Great job with the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How amazingly cute and so simple!! Love this. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so cute! What a great way to use the scallop square punch...love the heart in the center. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is Fabulous, Krisin! The bold elements add up to one clean and stunning design, I love it! Great tips too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So striking - I LOVE it! Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is just totally AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is stunning! Pure eye candy!!

    p.s. I'm catching up on emails and will reply to you in depth this weekend! Thanks for being patient with me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really, really like this. love those punched heart panels.

    ReplyDelete
  12. too cute! that heart at the bottom of the card finishes it up so nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)