Sunday, March 28, 2010

My first pleated ribbon!

Have you seen this Mojo Monday sketch from last week? I had a chance to stamp on Saturday so decided to try it out. It started out a horizontal card just like the sketch, but ended up being turned on it's side. I also really wanted to try my hand at this fun trendy technique of pleated ribbon. I know I'm a bit behind the times, and I really do like the look, but it was hard for me to use that much ribbon.

I also grabbed my color combo from the Color Throwdown challenge blog. I haven't been able to join them in a while so was happy to put these colors to use. I also added in black as an accent so I'm hoping that's OK.

Thanks for stopping by! I've got more to come, believe it or not!
~Kristin
SUO Supplies
Stamps: Medallion background, Oval All
Paper: Basic Black, Baha Breeze, Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery
Ink: Baha Breeze, Garden Green, Black Staz-on, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Large oval punh, scallop oval punch, black striped ribbon




2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful- how do you get the stamp two different colors- I am new to stamping

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous, Kristin! You are so clever to use this stamp this way, and then turn it on its side....and that black ribbon really makes a statement! Thanks for playing---it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)