Saturday, March 13, 2010

Daylight Savings Time- here I come!

Now don't get me wrong, I am NOT excited about setting my clock up and losing an hour of sleep... but my pal Lisa and I had some time to virtual stamp together today and decided to challenge each other. My challenge was to use products that start with D, S and T!

Here are the things I used to fit the challenge:

D- DSP (designer series paper), deckle edge scissor
S- Sahara Sand, Stitched felt flowers, Scallop Trim punch
T- try as I might I can't stretch anything to start with a T. Oh wait, this is a thank you note! There, that's my T!

This is my first use of the stitched felt flowers by SU. Aren't they fun?! And I used a sketch from my February Stampin' Success magazine that all SU demonstrators get each month. Are you wondering about my sheet music paper? I've always wanted some and today decided to photocopy piano music from one of my favorite songs I used to play called "Old Friend" onto Whisper White. I crumbled it up then smoothed it back out and swiped it with some Sahara Sand ink then trimmed the edges with the deckle edge scissor.

The sentiment is from the hostess set called Picture This, punched with the Modern Label punch. Do you like my scalloped corner? I used the photo corner punch to layer the Rose Red paper behind it. I really like how that looks!

Had a crazy busy week this past week so here's hoping for a little more normal pace this week! My stamps have been sorely neglected lately.

Stampin' Tip:
  • Can't find a particular pattern of paper you're looking for? Try scanning something or downloading from the internet then run some Whisper White cardstock through your printer! Works like a charm!

Thanks for stopping by!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Picture This
Colors: Sahara Sand, Melon Mambo, Rose Red, CHocolate Chip, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White
Accessories: Stitched Felt Sweet Pea flowers, Scallop Trim edge and corner punches, Modern Label punch, deckle edge scissor

4 comments:

  1. OMG! this is brilliant. LOVE the sheet music, what a great idea!!! and yes, I'm in love with the felt pieces too. great challenge, thanks for the fun day! can't wait to see your other cards AND sb pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is fabulous!! Great idea for a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it. I guess I'll have to CASE. Thanks for all of the details and inspiration. I don't have that word set so I will have to be creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you two had a really fun day stamping and ceating. Super cute card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)