Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Simply Scrappin' Kit: Pina Colada

Happy Groundhog Day! Here's the first layout of 6 that I completed over the weekend during a scrapbook marathon with my mom, sister and aunt. For this SUO layout I used the retired Pina Colada Simply Scrappin' Kit which is just gorgeous. I should add that I used Simply Scrappin' Kit for the majority of pages I completed- they make pages come together so quickly and easily, without the hassle of hunting for coordinating embellishments and papers. I've always used SS Kits, but never to this extent. I am in LOVE! For this page I don't really have a title because I put it on the right side of the spread instead.

Everything you see on these two pages was included in this kit with the exception of: Pumpkin Pie corduroy buttons, So Saffron wide grosgrain ribbon and the butterfly punch. Notice that bundle of flowers and flourish at the bottom of this page? They are very sturdy cardstock stickers and I love how the flourish nicely layers right over the ribbon on this page!

Here is the layout together. I hope you like it! I am noticing now that most all my pages are full of bright cheery colors... guess that indicates that I'm tired of winter and ready to bring on the sunshine!

TFL! Stop back tomorrow for my Diva Coffee Break Designs challenge card and to play along!
~Kristin

PS- Did you notice any similarity between the top page and one of the cards on THIS post that I did yesterday?? Cross your fingers that the groundhog doesn't see his shadow today!

1 comment:

  1. Such cute pages! I really need to work with the SS kits more! Your kids are the cutest too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)