Wednesday, February 17, 2010

{friend to friend}

Hi y'all! Here's my Diva card for today. We were given a simple sketch to work with and see what could be done. The nice thing about simple sketches is there are so many directions you can go with them- so many opportunities to make it your own!

I'm not sure how these colors happened- they just sort of fell into place from the scraps around my desk. This time I actually had the design somewhat decided before deciding to use this birdcage stamp from the Sale-a-Bration set called Happy Moments and the Two-Step Large Bird punch together.

Not sure how well it shows up but the wing on the bird is textured with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. I used the distressing tool on the edges of the Old Olive piece and dotted the background with Soft Suede polka dots.

Hope you like it and consider playing along with the Diva's challenge this week!
~Kristin
SUO Supplies
Stamps: Happy Moments, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Polka Dot background
Colors: Soft Suede, Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Distressing tool, Two-Step Bird Punch, Scallop edge punch, Word Window punch, Vanilla Embossing Powder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)