Monday, January 4, 2010

Shimmer Stencil with a hint of color

Oh boy are these decor stencils neat! You can find this one, Folk Flowers, on page 18 of the new Occasions Mini Catalog. This is the first time I've ever used one and I decided to dab some of our Platinum Shimmer Paint with a sponge dauber to see how it looks. So what do you think? It is so dramatic on black I could've just quit but I wanted to play around and experiment a little so I added some chalk to add a hint of color. Funny thing is, this paint dries so much more quickly than I anticipated that by the time I decided to add the chalk it was mostly dry. Good thing I was going for a subtle look. In real life the shimmer paint is very... well, shimmery and the various colors of chalk show up at different angles, so it has a neat effect that I can't show real well on camera.

If you haven't tried these Shimmer Paints yet SU has announced they will be available as a write-in to the catalog after the Holiday Mini is no longer available. Speaking of the Holiday Mini, today is the last day to order from it so don't miss out if you've been on the fence on something!

Have a great day!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Colors: Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Platinum
Accessories: Folk Flower Decor Stencil, Platinum Shimmer Paint, Modern Label punch, sponge dauber, Stampin' Pastels (chalks)

1 comment:

  1. I love how you used that stensil it looks GREAT so pretty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)