Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A cool color challenge!

Today's CC253 is a fabulous and not too hard color challenge to use Rich Razzleberry, Chocolate Chip and Pretty in Pink. Sounds like something you could eat doesn't it?! As easy as these colors work together, I'm not 100% pleased with this card but had a limited amount of time today and couldn't quite figure out what I wanted to change. I have a few ideas, so maybe I'll work on it tomorrow (or maybe not, since I'll be volunteering at school again tomorrow!).

Mostly this card is self-explanatory I'd say. Did you notice the use of both the Scallop Trim border and corner punches?? Thought I'd point out that I embossed the main image with Chocolate Chip ink and clear embossing powder so I could watercolor the flowers with my aquapainter.

So, a TIP occurred to me while I wFont sizeas making a card the other day so I thought I'd share it with you! Does your Stampin' Scrub get absolutely filthy like mine and just never seem to get those stamps all the way clean?!? Well here's a pointer that will ROCK YOUR WORLD! Seriously, it works so well I can't believe I had never tried it. TIP: Stamp off excess ink onto your grid or scrap paper BEFORE cleaning it on the Stampin Scrub! That's it, super simple, but oh-so-effective. I promise- try it and let me know what you think.

Oops, almost forgot to mention that the sketch for this card came from an SUO challenge blog: Pals Paper Arts.

OK, gotta run! Stop back tomorrow for the new Diva challenge!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: For All You Do
Colors: Rich Razzleberry, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Scallop oval punch, Rich Razzleberry Dotted grosgrain, Clear EP, Scallop Trim border and corner punches

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful job with these colors Kristin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job with these colors Kristin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo, great colors! you worked them well. and your tip is so useful, gonna try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this card is great! I love what you did with the Scallop Trim Corner Punch! Oh, and great tip too! I'll have to remember it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card, Kristin! I love the way you used the punch and square image - looks like a framed painting. Colors look terrific too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)