Saturday, December 12, 2009

Love Birds!

Having fun playing with my new goodies after a brief break from stamping. I've gotten to the point of feeling stressed about holidays and shopping and preparation which usually causes me to stop enjoying my hobby for a bit. Mostly because of the constant little voice in my head telling me I should be doing other things. Well, I ignored the little voice today and made FIVE cards! I won't show them all to you today because two are for Monday's CAS challenge, one is my Diva card for Wednesday and one I just don't like yet. I'll tweak it until I do then I'll show it as well.

Anyway, for this card I enjoyed playing with the new punch from the upcoming Occasions Mini catalog called the Extra Large Two Step Bird. Not only do you get a bird a separate wing and a branch in one punch, but it is the sleek new slim design guaranteed to save you space! I love this clever punch design and wish all my punches were this slim style- they'd all actually fit in the same drawer.

I had in mind a sympathy card that I need when I set out to make this, but eventually it evolved into this anniversary card. To get the wings in the same design as the heart I just stamped them with the heart after they were punched out. By the way, the heart is from the new stamp set called I {Heart} Hearts also in the Occasions Mini Catalog available January 5th.

Did you notice the texture in the background? I used one of SU's texturz plates with the Big Shot. It is subtle beacause I tried to only do the bottom edge by using a piece of scrap paper between the texture plate and the top part of the cardstock... no such luck. Yes I could've used just the bottom edge of the texture plate, but I liked the pattern/design better at the inside edge. Now I'm glad it didn't work!

In hindsight I wish I would've used the new Scallop Trim punch for the bottom border also, but actually forgot about it. Wouldn't it have been lovely?!!

Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you are having a great weekend!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: I {Heart} Hearts, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Colors: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Big Shot, Texturz Plates, Modern Label punch, Extra Large Two-Step Bird punch, Vanilla Satin ribbon, Eyelet border punch

7 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! Love the color and simplicity! Love the bird's wings! Great layout. Love the texture too. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin this is sooo beautiful..love your birds...and the perfect colors...so elegant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very stunning and elegant card. Love how you used the new SU! goodies. I'm right there with you on being stressed with the holidays. I, too, have told myself, "No stamping! I need to do other things." But doesn't it feel good when you ignore that voice and stamp away the stress?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I just saw this card & fell in love with it!
    You can bet I'll be casing this one in the future - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea...this card is sooooo simple yet looks so beautiful and I can't wait to try it. I enjoy your post so keep up the good work.
    TFS
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margie how beautiful is this so elegant and a great make.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)