Saturday, October 31, 2009

Your Friendship

Sorry I've been a bit irregular with my posting this week- it's been a busy one! Between a sick kid (again!), volunteering at school, Trick-or-Treating and the normal stuff I just haven't done much stamping. We also had our last regular season high school football game last night (my DH coaches) and their team went undefeated in the league! They are ready to head to the playoffs which could extend the season another 5 weeks potentially.

Anyway, on to the card... I used some of my new stuff for the first time including the stamp set Wings of Friendship which is a level 2 hostess set, the Texturz Plates Kit #4 (has the definition of Friend in it) and this beautiful vanilla taffeta ribbon. It is always a thrill to use new goodies for the first time! I am just loving the look of texturing the vanilla cardstock!


I also used the Fall-to-Layout #65 from the Clean & Simple challenge blog for the sketch. The color combo I just came up with myself. It is Rich Razzleberry, Apricot Appeal, Old Olive and a tiny touch of Pumpkin Pie on the bird's wing and chest. Speaking of the bird, in order to follow the sketch I first stamped the entire image including the bird, then trimmed it to a long narrow piece. Then restamped the bird and cut it out to pop up with dimensionals so it kind of stands off the card.

I hope you like it and am happy that you stopped by today! Have a great Saturday!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Wings of Friendship
Colors: Very Vanilla, Rich Razzleberry, Apricot Appeal, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie.
Accessories: Stampin' Up! Markers, Scallop Edve punch, Vanilla Taffeta ribbon, Big Shot, Texturz Plates #4

4 comments:

  1. ahhhh, what a refreshing card! love the white card base-it just makes those colors pop! another sick kid? Nooooo! hope it isn't anything major. have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Kristin!! Love the colors you chose - you did a great job with the sketch! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you did different colored scallops. I like the coloring of the bird and it popped up and over the "frame". Nice colored flowers too. Lovely looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so stunning. It has to please everyone with it's appeal.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)