Monday, September 14, 2009

Something Old, Something New...

Well, nothing borrowed or blue but felt the title was appropriate considering all the retired stuff I mixed in with a few current Stampin' Up! products!

Hi, I'm back... yep, that's two posts today! I just couldn't wait! Today's Clean & Simple challenge on Splitcoast is to make a wedding card, a clean & simple wedding card obviously. I've been wanting to use the gorgeous largest snowflake from Serene Snowflakes (holiday mini) to make a background that isn't necessarily snow related so decided on that right away. I fooled around with the sentiment piece and focal point for quite a while before I decided on this.

The frame is from the retired set Frames With a Flourish and is embossed in silver on some Parisian Summer DSP (don't bother looking- it is retired also). The sentiment is from an old favorite Fancy Flexible Phrases and the ribbon is from an old ribbon originals assortment called Flirty I believe (maybe I should just list what is current instead of repeatedly telling you "retired").

On to the CURRENT stuff: The ink is Basic Gray as wella s the paper (oops, also some Pink Pirouette in there- man will I be sad when my stash is gone!). The wedding rings I made with two silver small grommets (CURRENT!) as well as a square rhinestone brad in the Fire collection.

Here's a closeup of the rings and sentiment piece.

I would call this clean for sure, and really pretty simple if you already have in your head what it should look like. Just making decisions took me forever on this one (oh, plus the pile of rejected parts laying on my desk now).

SUO Supplies

Stamps: Serene Snowflakes, Fancy Flexible Phrases (retired), Frames With a Flourish (retired)

Colors: Pink Pirouette (former In Color that I personally campaigned for), Basic Gray

Accessories: Flirty Ribbon Originals (retired), Small grommets, Square Fire Rhinestone brad, Parisian Summer DSP (retired)

4 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! Love the rings! Great embossing. Great layout. Great combination of all the elements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo perfect, love your rings!!!! What a fab CAS card Kristin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how cute! What an awesome idea to use the grommets to make wedding rings!

    Love your stuff!

    Mickey

    http://www.stampingwiththestars.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)