Thursday, September 24, 2009

Little Envelope Pouch with Tags and Note Cards

This is a gift I gave my hostess the other night (along with a few other things). It is a tiny little pouch made with the Big Shot and the envelope die (x2). The envelopes fit nicely together to create this little pouch for 3x3 note cards or even a variety of gift tags. The only modification needed to the envelopes is cutting the bottom flap down to a 1/2". If there is interest I may be able to do a picture tutorial.
I used the Delightful Decorations stamp set as well as the coordinating Ornament punch to make very quick and simple note cards and some gift tags to easily add to gifts this holiday season. Each note card has a coordinating stamped envelope too! The Designer Series Paper used is from the Holiday Mini called Christmas Cocoa. I also added a bit of elastic gold cord and also some Real Red grosgrain ribbon. The band of paper that is around the little box is 8.5" long by 1.5" wide.
I also shared a little tip of mine with the gals at the workshop. While playing around with my ornament punch I decided it would be neat to make little tags that open. This one is done with a small piece of whisper white paper folded in half. Just line the top of the ornament barely beyond the fold of the paper and punch.

Now, I must say that even our whisper white is a bit too heavy for the punch to do 2 layers. It did work, but I don't think I'd do it many times. So, I showed them how to use plain typing paper that is much thinner, fold it in half and punch then just add a stamped/punched layer from the heavier Whisper White right on top for reinforcement. It's always fun to play around and experiment with these types of things.

The other way to get this tag look with the ornament shape is to use the new Holiday Windows dies that work with the magnetic Movers & Shapers die and Big Shot. This die set includes this very same ornament shape but in a slightly bigger size for easy layering with the punch. Dies can easily go through 2 or more pieces of paper (most, not all- please ask your demonstrator about which might not).

Please stop back tomorrow- I've got a fun fold technique that I learned at Stampin' Up!'s regional event!

Thanks for stoppin' in to say hello today!
~Kristin

***TUTORIAL HERE:  http://sunshinesmilesstamps.blogspot.com/2009/10/tutorial-scallop-envelope-die-note-card.html

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Delightful Decorations
Colors: Real Red, Soft Suede, Whisper White
Accessories: Big Shot, Envelope die, Ornament punch, gold elastic cord, Real Red grosgrain ribbon

10 comments:

  1. Ok, these are just too darn cute! Well, since you mentioned it, now you're gonna HAVE to do a tutorial.
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative!
    Love the colors.
    Wonderful gift for your hostess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristin
    This set is JUST sooooo adorable. You did such a GREAT job! Super creative! I love it! I love the way you used the patterned papers to punch the ornament out. Super duper awesome!
    Thanks so much for sharing your work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, please do a tutorial! This is so cute!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll bet your hostess was pretty happy with this gift. Really nice and yes a tutorial would be great

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous. Please, please do a tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with everyone else...adorable and now we just have to have the details please

    ReplyDelete
  8. This would be a great gifts to my teachers :D please do this tutorial. Thanks~!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This would be a great gifts to my teachers :D please do this tutorial. Thanks~!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)