Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Diva Color Challenge! {DCBD146}


This week the Diva's are challenging you to try out this cool almost retro color combination! I love unique color combos- that is about my favorite part of stamping- so this one was fun! Unfortunately I didn't have a lot of time to stamp yesterday with my mom and sister and niece here from out of town.

When I finally remembered that I needed to take some time to make this card I only had about a 1/2 hour before having to leave to take my daughter to gymnastics. Of course from there I always go play volleyball and don't usually return until after 11pm.

Well, if you ever wonder how a card might turn out if I'm rushed, have a 2-year-old on my lap for some of the time and kiddos interupting while stressed, this is it: I'm not even sure I enjoyed making it- but I am happy with how it turned out. It is unique for me, I NEVER do strips of words like that on a card and not sure why I chose to this time. The stamping isn't perfect but I decided to go with it anyway! I do love the red button and also the touch of Bermuda Bay- like I said I adore color!

Well, I hope you'll go visit the other Diva's on our blog and their personal blogs then play along with us! We'd love to see what you create with this fun color combo. I was planning to try this again today but my PJ's have inspired me to try something else (a color combo) so I might just do that instead. And no I won't take a picture of my PJs- unless I cut off my head in the pic! ;)

OK, gotta run! I've got lots more to show you this week so I do hope you'll come back. And please stop in to say hi so I know you've been visiting!
~Kristin


SUO Supplies
Stamps: Autumn Days, sentiment from Of the Earth hostess set
Colors: Soft Suede (the best new neutral!), Bermuda Bay, Very Vanilla, Real Red
Accessories: Spiral punch, Vanilla EP, distressing tool, Playground buttons (I'm almost out!), linen thread

6 comments:

  1. Well, you did pretty darn good for a rush job on this card---I LOVE what you did to the distressed edge! And what--almost out of Playground buttons! Time to order more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card turned out great for being in a rush. I love the splashes of the bold color. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great colors and love how you used them...what a beauty this is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card. I hardly ever do word strips. Don't know why, because they're so easy to do; you never have to worry about lining up the saying. The red button is the cream on this one.
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're too funny! this is fabulous. I love it and this color combo is right up my liking! gonna give this one a go. tfs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)