Friday, August 28, 2009

Silver on Silver!

Well I am finally done with some deadline stuff I was working on so decided to try my hand at the CAS design team sketch again. I liked my first try, but it had a totally different look than I had envisioned. This time I wanted to use my BRAND new stamp set called Serene Snowflakes that will debut in the Holiday Mini catalog beginning on September 1! What better way to show the beautiful elegant shimmer of snowflakes than to emboss silver on silver?!?

Isn't the effect just gorgeous? I haven't done this in quite a while, but I think it is always stunning! I've also paired an old favorite Elegant Eggplant with the brushed silver cardstock for a nice contrast. Boy I've missed using my Eggplant!

Here's the insdie. I loved the look of the 3 little flakes embossed on the corner so did that on the inside. I left plenty of room to add either a handwritten note or a family picture when the time comes.

Every year for Christmas cards I send about 40-50 and no two are ever alike (I just love experimenting and designing too much) but I'm thinking this might be "THE CARD" this year. What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by and for being patient with the non-stamping posts the last few days!

~Kristin

ETA: I'm thinking about using this card at an upcoming Holiday Stamp-a-Stack on Oct. 17! Mark your calendars now if you are local and I'll get more details out as soon as they are available!

SUO Supplies

Stamps: Serene Snowflakes, Best Yet (retired)

Colors: Silver, Elegant Eggplant

Accessories: Silver EP, Silver Elastic Cord, Boho Blossoms punch, Lovely Label punch

11 comments:

  1. Oh, you're making me want that snowflakes set badly, Kristin! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I sure hope I am on your Christmas mailing list! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh...so elegant!! I'm so glad I finally got this set! Now if it will only get here... ;) TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WOW I LOVE those snowflakes...these are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! Love everything about it.
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, this is a gorgeous card and doesn't look like it would take forever to make quite a few. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Kristin! I love the pop of eggplant on the silver!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah, thanks! now I've changed my mind on this snow flake card. love what you did with it here! can't wait to see all your other new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love this gorgeous card!!

    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. this card looks so dramatic, yet would be so easy to mass produce! Go for it, make it THE card this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is stunning! Those snowflakes are gorgeous and I love how you paired it with the silver cord. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! What a fabulous way to create an elegant Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)