Saturday, July 25, 2009

Hello!


Guess what- I took a little bit of time yesterday (while our Australian guests were visiting- hi Joseph, June and Hyde!) to play along with the Coffee Break Designs sketch challenge and of course my NEW stamps!
I was in a hurry and distracted by lots of activity so to make an easy card I grabbed a recent color scheme (CC227) from Splitcoast's awesome color challenge every Tuesday. I love this color scheme... it is Lavendar Lace, Barely Banana, Black, White and it was supposed to be Going Gray which is lighter, but I goofed and used Basic Gray. Oops!

Anyway, The background is the new Medallion stamp stamped in Barely Banana craft ink- isn't it great on the gray?!! The flowers from the new set Greenhouse Garden are a lovely 2-step stamp with these awesome bursts for centers that look so real I just couldn't resist them. They are done in the Lavendar Lace and Banana with black and gray centers. The sentiment is actually from a third new set called For All You Do.

Can you see the tiny touches of Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the larger flowers? I haven't done that in a long time, but felt this card really needed it.

So thanks for stopping by again! Have a great day!
~Kristin

SUO (Stampin' Up! only) Supplies
Stamps: Medallion, For All You Do, Greenhouse Garden
Colors: Lavendar Lace, Barely Banana, White, Basic Gray, Basic Black
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds

4 comments:

  1. Love the Craft Medallion on the gray card stock, Kristin! Gorgeous card, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm speachless, this is stunning. Yes, I think I may need to get that flower set. I'm loving everything I see with it. great work, for all the distractions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin this is beautiful, love your take on the sketch!!! Fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful what you did with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)