Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Clean & Simple Challenge- a Makeover!

Last week's CAS Challenge on Splitcoast was to makeover one of your own cards in your gallery. I had no trouble choosing one that wasn't my favorite! I liked the concept of this one but thought it was a little tacky maybe so decided to tone it down by making it more monochromatic and using only 1 style of flower for the curved border. I still think it needs some ribbon maybe, but I was trying to keep it simple not make it less so!

So, I kept the design and changed everything else from the colors to the paper and stamps. This time I used the Parisian Breeze Specialty cardstock (that is nearing extinction!) as well as the daisy flower from the Spring Bouquet punch. I did keep the Curly Label punch, but changed from a glittered sentiment to a simple embossed one.

Hope you like it and find this challenge intriguing enough to play along!

Thanks for visiting!
~Kristin

2 comments:

  1. yep, love the re-make! it is super cute. I think it was the flowers for me, this is really clean looking! great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this! What a great layout! Can't wait to make my own, thanks for sharing ;) Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)