Thursday, April 23, 2009

Simple Bunny

Here is a clean & simple, fairly quick card that we'll be doing at my stamp camp tonight! I just adore the sweetness of the images in this Forest Friends set (availab e now in the Occasions Mini Catalog) and love how the chipboard frame helps with the scale of the bunny with the rest of the card (KWIM?). Some sets with multiple small images need a little extra "umph" to help with that scale issue.

I LOVED the color combo of this Basic Gray and the Saffron print from Parisian Summer DSP (Designer Series Paper). However, I really wanted to add that one extra color for a touch of bold and whimsy. Naturally I looked at the color wheel to see what I like with Saffron and that led me to Old Olive which I handily switched out for Kiwi Kiss- a favorite! The chipboard frame has a dabbing of Going Gray ink on it and a bit of Kiwi ribbon attached with a new 5/16" brad. The sentiment is the level one Hostess set called Sweet Little Sentiments which are all a nice size for a CAS card!

Thanks for looking! I've got 2 more cards we are doing tonight that I'll share over the next few days. One I designed especially for one of my dearest customers, Nancy who is coming over tonight! She requested an accordion-fold card, or as I've now learned they are called "Stair step" card so that's what I'll show you tomorrow.

Glad you were here!
~Kristin
SUO Supplies
Stamps: Forest Friends, Sweet Little Sentiments
Paper: Basic Gray, Very Vanilla, Kiwi Kiss, Parisian Summer DSP
Accessories: Word Window Punch, Chipboard, Kiwi Kiss grosgrain, 5/16" jumbo brad, Crafter's Tool Kit

4 comments:

  1. awww love your little bunny in the frame...cute cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, this is adorable!!! Love this combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a great card. love the frame, it does work great with those littl forest friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! Really love the chipboard frame on here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)