Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It's Diva Day!


I'm running late so I'll have to post details later... here is my take on the sketch for today's Diva Challenge! Be sure to check out the Diva blog for many more cards using this sketch!

I hope you play along too! Thanks for stopping by!

~Kristin

OK, I'm back with some details. First off I want to mention that my color scheme came from the Tuesday Color Challenge on Splitcoast. At first I wondered how on earth I could make these colors happy and fun as opposed to Christmasy or too dark (Real Red, Old Olive, Basic Black and either white or vanilla). Well, I quickly realized these colors are fabulous together and red and green do NOT have to be always associated with Christmas!!!

I've kind of had something like this in mind, with the die cut daisies lining both edges of a sentiment panel- glad I finally got to put my vision to the test. I love that part of it, but I think in trying to keep with the sketch I ruined it. Well, ruined might be a strong word, but I was just thrilled with this until I added that circle on top of the last daisy. The image goes well with the die cut daisies though. What do you think? If I had been able to make it smaller I think it would work better for me. Maybe!?

Do you know how it feels to have a card that you think is really good then you go and add that last detail and it goes from great to "oh crud" in a hurry?! It did take me quite a while to get those flowers just the way I wanted so I couldn't redo it yesterday, but I just might... we'll see. Whenever I say that some other idea comes to mind and I move on.

Anyway, be sure to check out all the other Diva's and their wonderful creations! Then don't forget to play along and link to the Diva blog so we can all come visit you! Thanks for stopping by!

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Happy Everything, A Flower for All Seasons
Cardstock: Old Olive, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Real Red
Ink: Old Olive, Real Red, Black Staz-On, markers, Going Gray
Accessories: Big Shot, Daisies die, 1 3/4" circle punch, scallop border punch, black gingham ribbon

13 comments:

  1. Just lovely as ususal! Nice design and beautiful decorations!
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cheerful card! Excellent coordination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job combining both challenges! I LOVE that little frog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The die cut flowers look stunning! For us the card is very nice, so no need of redoing it :) Thanks for your comments while I was away... Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Kristen! So springy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Beautiful! Awesome job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card, and I have been looking at the daisies.....now I have to add them to my list!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is just so full of color and it is just beautiful. The die cut flowers really make the card... they are GREAT!!!
    Have a good day!!
    Denise from OHio
    Phil4:13

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh! I just love this! I love how you incorporated the die-cuts into your card, and how you changed the scallop square into the flower! too, too cute!
    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)