Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Diva Day!



That's right, it's Diva Day! We were given a fantastic sketch this week, and I've love for you to play along! I once again whipped out my new set Great Friends and decided to go monochromatic. Guess what- this week's CAS challanege on SCS was a monochromatic card so I've got that done too!! How's that for multitasking?!!

This one was tough to photo because I wanted to show the textured dots on teh background. I still didn't get a great shot, but hopefully you get the idea. It's a good idea to add texture when trying to keep the colors neutral. I also added texture by embossing the butterflies and sponging over them with some Sahara Sand ink. This is a fun technique to try! The leaves are my new embosslit for the Big Shot, and the hardware is from the Stylin' Silver Hodgepodge kit! Hope you like it, thanks for stopping by!

Don't forget to go check out the Diva blog and the other Diva's- they have a lot to show you!
~Kristin

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Kristin!! Great job on the challenge!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card design! It is very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say beautiful! It is such an elegant card. It would be great to use for a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! So elegant! Love gray and white together!! And the sponging over the butterflies is beautiful!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is breathtaking. It is very beautiful. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so elegant. You have a great use of color. Super stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! So pretty and elegant. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous card! Love all of your texture and your use of the embosslit! Beautimous creation! :)
    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  9. totally gorgeous card !!!!!!!!!!
    very elegant!!!!!tfs:)
    chat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never knew simply white and grey can look so good for a card. Love every small detail on this card.

    I just went through all your new posts and each and every card is fabulous.the colors, embellishment.. great choice and love how you put them together. Ill be visiting regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is just so beautiful, great wedding card or for an engagement. Great job!!
    Denise from OHio
    Phil4:13

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what can I say, except, this is absolutely magnificent!
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)