Saturday, February 21, 2009

VSN! What's that?!

Virtual Stamp Night! SCS hosts this once a month I believe and this is the first time I've participated. Every hour they give a stamp challenge and you have 45 minutes to complete it. I believe they award some prizes, but I was just enjoying the various challenges!

Here's what I made so far. I'll hopefully have more to post later too!

For this one (FEB09VSNH) we were to think of something we are almost obsessed with a make a card around that thing. Besides stamping, the first thing that came to mind was my Earl Grey tea (if I'm stamping I am generally also sipping on some hot tea)! This one took me 41 minutes. I like the concept behind this one, using the scalloped envelope to hold the tea bag, but this turned out way gawdier than I anticipated. But it was a challenge and it's complete so then I moved on...

Stampin' Up! Supplies:
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Frames With a Flourish, Wonderful Favorites
Cardstock: Brilliant Blue, Basic Black, Brushed Silver
Accessories: Silver EP, black brads, Scalloped Envelope Die, Big Shot. Non-SU: silver ribbon, tea bag.

This one was for FEB09VSNK: Long Lost Love. We were to find an old stamp set that used to be a favorite but hasn't been used for a long time. For mine I had tons of choices since I've yet to ever part with a stamp set, but I chose an old SAB set called Paint Prints from 2005. I really enjoyed this one and completed it in only 34 minutes! This stamp set is hard to mess up. I just chose a color scheme from the color wheel (in fact, I closed my eyes and spun, determined to use whatever I turned to- a very scientific process!) I grabbed some scraps, and went to town. The Not Quite Navy card base is stamped with Canvas in Very Vanilla ink. I went with a shabby look with the roughed up edges, and the Canvas stamp helped out with that. There's some canvas stamped on the flower too.


Stampin' Up! Supplies:
Stamps: Paint Prints, Canvas
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Sage Shadow, More Mustard, Very Vanilla
Accessories: 5-petal flower punch, spiral punch, Earth Elements brads, distressing tool, sponge.

The last challenge I completed was FEB09VSNL, "A Wee Bit 'O Love". We were to use Inchies for this one. What is an inchy? As far as I can tell, basically a 1" square of whatever you want. We could use as many or as few as we wanted, and they could be stamped or not. I've heard of this fad before and hadn't ever gotten it, but I have to admit they are fun, easy and quite addicting. I could think of so many ways to finish off my cards that I could've kept going and going. The one on the left is made up of entirely SAB freebies that are available right now. The one on the right is the same DSP, but I used a SAB stamp set from last year as well as a brad from the Styled Silver Hodgepodge collection. My photos were taken last night, so they aren't the best.


Stampin' Up! Supplies:
Stamps: Polka Dot Punches, Yummy, Very Punny
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Basic Gray, Delicate Dots DSP
Accessories: Wide Saffron Ribbon (SAB), Word Window Punch, Styled Silver Hodgepodge.

Thanks for stopping by!
Kristin

4 comments:

  1. There are all super cute - looks like you had a fab time playing along with VSN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing your VSN cards, Kristin! Especially the Paint Prints one -- what a great design! I have yet to participate in the event (I'm such a slow stamper that the 45-minutes time limit scares me).

    ReplyDelete
  3. what beautiful VSN cards you created! I love all of them, but especially your inchies cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards!!
    Thanks so much for playing VSN it was such a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)