Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Perfect Pink Kiwis...

Hey, that's not my title, that's what this challenge was called on SCS today! I know I say it every week (almost) that I LOVE color (& sketch) challenges and this is no exception. Today's challenge was to use Kiwi Kiss, Perfect Plum and Pink Pirouette. Love this combo! My first thought was Easter, but in the end it turned out to be a friend card. Without further ado, here is my take:

I would call this clean & simple, or "CAS" on Splitcoast. If you like a more clean and simple style like this then you can do a search in the galleries on Splitcoast and type in "CAS" in the search field. Also, if you tend to make cards in this style enter "CAS" in the keywords so others can find it.

Now I have never claimed to execute perfect "craft" as it was called in my graphics design class in college. "Craft" is what is referred to when admiring (or not) the quality of cuts, layers, details etc. My layers are rarely perfectly sized, and don't look too close at my paper piercing. Heck, even my cutting is lovingly "hand-made".

You've probably noticed that I can't seem to make a card these days without something "old" on them. I guess I just roll that way- I enjoy getting more uses out of my stamps that are of retirement age! Hope you don't mind. Starting tomorrow, when I get my first order from this new catty, you won't have to worry about that for a while!

Thanks for stopping by!

~Kristin

Stampin' Up! Supplies

Stamps: All holidays, Vases in Vogue (retired)

Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Perfect Plum, Pink Piriouette

Accessories: Kiwi Satin ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Crafter's Tool Kit

5 comments:

  1. Oh my! This is absolutely stunning!! CAS perefction1

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww... it's perfection! my fav colors and that set is so cute- i wish i still had it now!!! UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love clean and simple. Wish I still had this set.
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)