Thursday, January 29, 2009

Would YOU like to be on a Design Team?!?!

Well, now's your chance! Click here for details on how to be selected to join the Diva Coffee Break Design Team! Heidi, our Mrs. Diva, put out the call so I'm spreading the word. I know many of you totally have what it takes and would be a great addition to the team! She's looking for 7 new Diva's so check it out!

Next up, another card for my Birthday SAS that is tomorrow, January 30th! Here is another use of our fine glitter, but this time with Heat & Stick powder. There are some tricks to this technique which is why I'm sharing it with my gals. What I've learned is this:
  • DON'T overheat the heat & stick (until just before it is completely melted and shiny)

  • DON'T use an embossing buddy. Glitter wiped off more this way.

  • DO heat once more, just briefly, once the glitter is on.

  • Be Patient and not afraid to experiment!

So what do you think of these colors? You may have noticed that I like to be a little different, a bit unique, march to my own drummer... which doesn't always work for everyone. Believe me I hear it from my customers when I do a pink and brown Christmas card with no red or green in site! But I think they love me anyway (and I them).

The colors started as my first attempt at this week's DCBD challenge (Lovely Lilac, Bashful Blue, Baha Breeze & Pink Passion) but it kind of took a turn towards Lilac, Baha Breeze, Lavendar Lace and Kiwi Kiss!

Anyway, be sure to stop back tomorrow as I'll have my last 3 SAS cards featuring the Love You Much Bundle which will only be available through the end of the day tomorrow!

Thanks for visiting!

~Kristin

Stampin' Up! Supplies

Stamps: Priceless, On Your Birthday

Cardstock: Baha Breeze, Lavendar lace, Lovely Lilac, Whisper White

Ink: Lovely Lilac, Kiwi Kiss, Versamark

Accessories: Cosmo Fine Glitter, scallop edge punch, paper snips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)