Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Oh boy...

..have I been gone a while! Sorry about that! We always go out of town for Thanksgiving then the laundry gets piled up and of course holiday hecticness (is that a word?) has set in! Anyway, today is Wednesday and time for my weekly Diva Coffee Break Design work. This week's challenge is to use the color combination Riding Hood Red, Summer Sun, Garden Green and Pumpkin Pie. My first thought was *ugh* but I don't know why- I mostly like these colors. The garden green is my least favorite I suppose and I don't use Summer Sun like I used to, but the RH Red and Pumpkin Pie are favorites!

Anyway, I really like how my card turned out. Of course I didn't spend a ton of time on it because it's due today and I just started it this morning. I also have a ton to work on today so...

I used the Sending Happy Thoughts Simply Sent Kit because I love it, and you should too! ;) Also whipped out the crimper which I do periodically, as well as a rhinestone brad, the scallop edge punch, Word Window punch and my beloved Polka Dot background. Oh, and that ribbon- comes in the kit!

In order to have the sentiment showing through the Word Window I used the SAMJ (stamp-a-majig) to line it up precisely to stamp. This tool is a wonderful thing to have IF YOU USE IT! Practice makes perfect too- so don't be afraid of the SAMJ.

Thanks for bearing with my extended absence. I'll try not to make a habit of it. This weekend I have a rather large Private Stamp Camp (yeah Carol!)- potentially 14 people so I'll be furiously designing and cutting Christmas cards for this fun group to make! That's what you'll be seeing from me the rest of this week most likely.



See ya soon!


~Kristin

7 comments:

  1. What a fun, bright, cheery card. It's very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautifully done! I LOVE what you did with these colors. I felt SO VERY challenged! :) This is awesome. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo, I love how it turned out too! it is so nice to see such fun, bright colors (a much need break from all the holiday stuff I've been doing lately!). looks great, Kristin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG if there was a contest, you'd be way ahead of the rest of the crowd! Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat card. I like how you cut out the word window.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just getting around to checking out the challenge cards for last week. Your card is very pretty, very cheerful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)