Thursday, October 23, 2008

A color challenge

What I wouldn't do for some tips on taking a good clean, crisp, clear picture so the tiny words aren't blurry! I always feel like a migraine is coming on trying to make my eyes focus when my pics turn out this way, which is more often than not. I try hard, I do! I took almost a dozen shots of this card, in two different locations with different flash settings and even did some adjusting on my PC. And sadly, this is what I end up with.

At least I really like the card- I suppose it would be worse if I felt that way about the card. This is for Tuesday's color challenge on SCS which I haven't done in a while, but it is still my favorite challenge!! Now that I'm done with this card, and reworked the sentiment like 6 times and re-embossed the flower once it was already glued down, I still see some things I'd like to change if I were to do it again (which I just might). I wish I would've stamped a subtle background in versamark- either French Script or maybe Floral. I also sort of wish I'd tried pink pirouette cardstock for the vanilla layer in the hodgepodge frame. I don't know about you, but I have a tough time getting the frames to look like I envision. I do like the sentiment on the small oval and raised on dimensionals though.

Anyway, I'm actually scheduling this on Wednesday to post on Thursday because I absolutely MUST get to work on my SAS on Sunday!! I have quite a bit of cutting to do! At least I have all directions and pictures done and cards actually designed.

Stampin' Up! Supplies
Stamps: Wonderful You
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Alpine Felt ribbon, Top Note, Big Shot, Ice Rhinestone brad, Flower Fusion Too, Vanilla HOdgepodge Hardware, Stampin' Dimensionals

7 comments:

  1. Try pointing your camera at the words, press down on the button until you see the camera focus on the words- hold it down and move the entire card into the view finder (assuming the words are off center) then click the rest of the way- does it work? LaurieWeaver! I may just come to your next PMS night to see the top note die! I hear it will work in the cuttlebug- which I also store in my craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, try what laurie said. Otherwise try a tripod.
    I LOVE this card with all of the detials. It' so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips, both of you! I'll try both suggestions and see what happens!

    Laurie, I tried to click to your blog and it just goes to a blank white page. So good to hear from you- it's been a long time! I'd love to have you at a PMS night- and bring the CB along so we can see if the die fits in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card, I wouldn't change a thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! Love how you did the piece in the hodgepodge hardware! The photo looks great on my computer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep, photo looks good from here too, but that is a great tip, Laurie. I first saw this on SCS and LOVED it! what a fabulous idea about the "faux" top note piercing, as I like to call it. You totally baffled me until I read how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful, Kristin! I love the colors so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)