Monday, April 28, 2008

TWO Great Swaps Girls challenges coming right up!

So I'm a bit behind since last week was crazy, but I've finally managed to participate in the first two GSG challenges... (look here to find them and join in yourself- anyone can and you are welcome to!)


The first card was for Color Challenge (GSGC01): Regal Rose, Certainly Celery & So Saffron. I also combined this color challenge with the SCS Limited Supply Challenge from Friday (LSC165) which gave us a list of requirements for the card... namely:

1. Make a square card. (Any size)


2. Use only scrap pieces of paper. (The base card doesn't have to be a scrap.)


3. Use ribbon or fiber scraps.

4. Use only ONE other embellishment.

5. Use any colors, stamps, and tools.

For this card I also used my brand spankin' new Stitched background. I thought I could live without it, but alas, I could not!






Supplies (All Stampin' UP!)


Stamps: For a Friend, Stitched background
Paper: Certainly Celery, So Saffron
Ink: Old Olive
Accessories: Style Silver Hodgepodge Hardware, ribbon scraps in rose, saffron, celery, metallic art pencils, clear EP, sponge, Crafter's Tool Kit




This card was for Wednesday's Featured Swapper Challenge on GSG. Jackie Pedro (strappystamper) was chosen as the first honored member. She is a fabulous stamper and her gallery is amazing! Here is the card of hers that strongly inspired this one!
I used the same colors, and layout just changed the stamp set and greeting. I also eliminated the ribbon (mostly because I didn't see hers until it was too late) and I used dew drops instead of brads.
(enabler alert!!) The Style Silver Hodgepodge is beautiful in any setting- if you don't already have it I highly advise it! TFL!!
Supply List (almost entirely SU)

Stamps: Friendship Blooms, All Holidays, Stitched background
Paper: Basic Gray, Whisper White, Soft Sky
Ink: Basic Gray, Soft sky, Whisper White
Accessories: white EP, Swiss Dots Embossing folder (Cuttlebug), dimensionals, Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware, dew drops (unsure of brand), label punch, small & large oval punches, distressing tool
PS- I know my spacing is going to be all boogered up in this post and I am just not sure how to avoid it, and running late so no time to fix now... sorry!

6 comments:

  1. Love these, Kristin! Especially the first one with the ribbon flower! Too cute! Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin!! I LOVE THESE! Gorgeous, both of 'em!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These just rock! love them both and I love that you are getting to use your Birthday goodies :) great job on the challenges. I think the ribbon flower is so cute on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin - Your projects are so beautiful. I love what you've done on your blog and for the challenges.

    I wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for an award! Check out my blog for the details: http://littleinklings.typepad.com/little_inklings/2008/04/can-you-spell-f.html

    Happy Stampin'! :)
    Nicole from Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Kristin! Love your ribbon flower...just a stunning card...and don't worry, no one can do without Stitched LOL! Love your Jackie case...wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did an awesome job on both of these!!! Love them both!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)