Monday, April 14, 2008

Let's see, what can I show you today?!?

First of all, if you haven't noticed already, check out my new widget (on the left). My Great Swap Pals now have a logo and our own blog to share with you (Thanks to Denise and Becky!). Click on it and check us out! We are considering posting our swap pictures there for you to view our work and share our excitement!

OK, well I dug up this card to show you... actually, I just did it last week. It was for last Tuesday's color challenge on SCS (that links to all color challenges so you can try any of them). Can I just say UGH!! Night of Navy, Real Red and Glorious Green... whoever said it was glorious? Well, I struggled and struggled and was a day or two late posting this one but it is done and I actually kind of like it. I CASED a layout from mytime (Lauren Meader) but I'm sorry to say I can't find her card anywhere other than my PC so I may not be able to show it to you. Just trust me, it is lovely with much softer colors than these!

Well, the main reason I'm not crazy about this is because I felt like the dots on the red paper weren't exactly white so I used Naturals ivory as my neutral instead and that's where I went wrong. The rub-on (Happy Day sentiment) is white as well as the dots I added with the white gel pen, but the mat and center flower are both natural.

Anway, the green flower is actually just a punched scallop which I then cut in at each scallop- I love that look and completely copied that from Lauren's card. Everything on this card is from Stampin' Up! with the exception of the two large red snaps- those are Making Memories and I've had them for years. The retired items that are no longer available are: The red polka dot paper (Cerise) and the Happy Day rub-on which was in the pack of Sale-a-Bration rub-ons called Love & Happiness (you might have them!). Everything else is current stuff. TFL! And stay tuned tomorrow- I hope to post a picture of the 20!! cards we'll be making at my next Stamp-a-Stack at the end of this month... using the Build-a-Flower tin and Note Cards from SU!

All Supplies Stampin' Up! (unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Seeing Spots
Paper: Night of Navy, Glorious Green, Real Red, Naturals Ivory, Cerise DP
Ink: Night of Navy craft
Accessories: Scallop punch, circle punch, red brad, red gingham ribbon, red snaps Making Memories, Love & Happiness, white gel pen, Stampin' Dimensional

1 comment:

  1. I like the card I think it's pretty. You know we are our worst critic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)