Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy Good Friday!




Happy Good Friday everyone! I'm not sure how much stampin' I'll get done this Easter weekend so I'm posting two today... besides, I'm pretty happy with them and can't wait to show you anyway!

So, this card is full of fun new stuff for me! Well, actually just the neat Lots of Dots wheel on the background and the fabulous Summer Picnic designer paper- but the striped ribbon and Tart & Tangy stamp set are still so much fun and somewhat new to me. If you haven't checked out the Occasions mini catalog yet, do it! Lots of neat stuff. (Link is at the left- just click on the catalog). Hope you like it- thanks for looking!


All Supplies are SU!

Stamps: Tart & Tangy, Lexicon of Love (blast from the past, eh? Like 2005)
Paper: Basic Gray, Whisper White, Summer Picnic DSP
Accessories: Large chipboard flower, scallop punch, Lots of Dots jumbo wheel, Wasabi striped ribbon, Crafter's Tool Kit (for paper piercing)

This card I did for the sketch challenge on Splitcoast on Wednesday. If you haven't tried this challenge I highly recommend it! A very fun and easy way to get your creative juices flowing!

For the three background panels I used the So Saffron Prints papers which are double sided. To get the bird's belly pieced, I first stamped him on the patterned paper and cut out just that section. Then restamped him and glued on the belly piece. I love wide grosgrain- so chose the colors around that ribbon since I was determined to use it.

The faux stitching on the edges of the main panel are done with the stamp set All In A Row- I learned this trick from Beate! She's a pro at it- it was scary since it has to be done after the panels are put together, but I'm so glad I took a chance! I will be doing this more often! The bottom edge I cut with my favorite Fiskar deco scissor called Sunflower... then sponged it with white so it would stand out more when the card is closed. The tag is popped up on stampin' dimensionals. I hope you like this color combo- it is one of my favorites! Thanks for looking!

All Supplies SU! (except scissor)

Stamps: Pun Fun, All in a Row
Paper: Kraft, So Saffron Prints, Whisper White
Accessories: Large tag punch, Wide Brocade Grosgrain, Aqua Painter, Watercolor Wonder Crayons
Ink: Brocade Blue, Basic Black

5 comments:

  1. Happy Good Friday, Kristin! Love that scalloped edge on your happy bird-day card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment the other day! While I didn't get the Tart & Tangy set, I did just get the lots of dots wheel - I love the look of it here! I just love those jumbo wheels - I really must get them out more often!
    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristen! Love both your cards- fun colors and papers - i sooo need to do the challenges again... love your sketch challenge card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable...the polka dot paper piecing on the birdie's tummy is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what fun cards. I get my tart-n-tangy stuff (stamps, paper, and rubons) this Thursday. can't wait, so I especially love the first card you posted. tfs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)