Thursday, March 20, 2008

Double Whammy Thursday... and Fun News!



So, I still haven't learned how to budget my time so I can not only scan my favorite blogs and Splitcoast , but also have time to stamp something and actually get it posted in a timely manner so any blog readers I might have actually have something new to view! I'll get better at it.

This first card is one I did for the Featured Stamper Challenge which occurs every Sunday. The goal is to find something from the FS's gallery and let it inspire you. The FS on Sunday was BeckyTE. Here is her card that I "borrowed". Actually, I really only used her layout. Hers is so soft and pretty, but I didn't have the same stamps or paper, so this is what I came up with. I tried to get the same look. This is a lot of layers for me, but it was fun!

The other card I'm posting here is the color challenge for Tuesday (one of my favorite challenges) using Kraft, Sage shadow and Orchid Opulence. It is also a sketch from the Fan Club Challenges I've mentioned. Anyway, since one of the new fine Cosmo Glitters from SU is an orchid color I let that be my starting point. The flower is from the set of Sticky Cut letters- quite fun to use! I feel like this is still missing something- not sure what. Square cards are a bit hard for me... Thanks for stopping by to check things out! PS- I like how Amy Sheffer does her supply list so I'm trying something new for you today (thanks Amy!)

Supplies: All SU.

Thinking of You
Stamps: Spring Solitude hostess set
Paper: Wintergreen (retired), always artichoke, soft sky & Naturals ivory
Accessories: Celery grosgrain, Love & Happiness Rub-on, certainly celery, chocolate chip and always artichoke markers
Ink: Blue Bayou (06-07 In Color)

Happy Sparkly Birthday
Stamps: Lovely Letters, Priceless, Happy Everything
Paper: Kraft, Very Vanilla, Orchid Opulence
Accessories: Sticky Cut Letters, Fine Cosmo Glitter, 1" circle punch, scallop punch, white gel pen, kraft taffeta ribbon, white EP.
Ink: Sage Shadow, Whisper White, Orchid Opulence

OOH, and I almost forgot the Fun News! I found out this week that one of my cards will be published in the August issue of Cards Idea Book Series. I'm not sure which card yet, but I'm so excited! This will be my first time being published, and the first time I've ever submitted anything. Might be beginners luck, but I'm willing to try again! And even more exciting, three of my Great Swap pals will also be in the same issue!! Give it up for Krystie Lee, Dawn and Becky!

1 comment:

  1. Love your new cards...especially the little bird on a limb!

    I have the same time management problem! Let's challenge each other! I'm emailing you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)